Get your blog on, Charlotte WordCamp
Posted on 20 Oct 2008 by Jason Keath
date: Sat, Nov 15
location: uptown @ Charlotte Observer
As the first event of its type in the Queen City, Charlotte WordCamp is a conference on all things blogging. Why WordCamp? The conference is focused on WordPress, currently the most popular blogging software. Registration opened up last week and is already 50% full. It is $15 to attend if you register before Oct 31. This includes a t-shirt and a light lunch.
Charlotte WordCamp is open to all interest levels. Whether you have never blogged before and want to learn the basics, or you’re a pro that wants to network, teach, and learn some tips, WordCamp will not disappoint.
Speakers on programming, design, content, and promotion will form 3 open discussion panels. We are also lucky to have one of the lead developers for WordPress, Mark Jaquith, as our keynote speaker. The day’s events look like this:
- 10:00 — 11:00: WordPress for Beginners
- 10:00 — 11:00: WordPress.org Roundtable
- 11:30 — 12:15: Technical & Design Panel
- 12:15 — 01:00: Lunch
- 01:00 — 01:45: Content Development/Technique Panel
- 02:00 — 02:45: Promotion/Marketing Panel
- 03:00 — 04:00: Keynote Speaker (w/ Q&A) — Mark Jaquith
15 minute breaks (Lunch: 45 minutes)